Anderson Power Products
High Power with Flexibility
Transmitting High Power with Safety and Flexibility
Established in 1877, Anderson Power Products is an industry-leading manufacturer or high current, quick-disconnect power connectors.
Pactech has developed a strong working partnership as an authorized distributor for APP, providing customized and flexible solutions of APP products.
Pactech is able to provide custom lengths, gauges, and jacket colors for APP products.
Saf-D-Grid® Connector Series
Anderson Power Products® has led the connector industry in the development of DC power connection solutions since the introduction of the SB® electrical connector in 1953. Saf-D-Grid® builds on the proven contact technology used in SB® and Powerpole® connectors by offering features required in 380-400VDC power distribution systems.
APP® developed the Saf-D-Grid® connector system as a safe appliance power connector for server, telecommunication, and other devices up to 600 VDC. The APP® Saf-D-Grid® plug and receptacle provide for the direct connection of AC and DC electronic devices. to a DC micro-grid powered by renewable energy or high efficiency DC sources. The connector meets international safety requirements for hazardous, low voltage applications including UL 950 and IEC60950.
The Saf-D-Grid® is size compatible with the IEC 320C13 and C14 connection system. It is the only connector system so sized that is UL rated for current interrupt of up to 400 VDC and 30 amp load. Saf-D-Grid® also enables greater power density by allowing up to 30A and 600V (disconnect) DC or AC within the same space of the IEC320 C13 & C14 system that is typically limited to 10A and 250 VAC. This allows the use of Saf-D-Grid® in AC systems that require more power by increasing the wattage capability within the existing connector space.
- Make-first/Break-last connection - Provides the safety of an earthing path before engagement of the power contacts.
- Integral Latch - Connectors cannot be accidentally unmated, preventing unwanted power loss to critical equipment.
- Hot Plug Rated - The connectors are rated for current interruption for both electronic (capacitive) and electrical (resistive) loads.
- Touch Save / Shot Protection - Minimizes the risk of personal contact with a hazardous voltage. Passes UL & IEC finger probe (plug & receptacle) and 3mm probe tests (receptacle).
- Arcing Protection - Housings contain the arc if connectors are mated or unmated while under load minimizing risk to personnel.
Saf-D-Grid® Customization Options
Pactech is able to offer customization options for Saf-D-Grid® plug to C14/C20 with custom lengths, gauges, connector colors, and jacket colors.
- Cable management to suit your needs.
- No excess cable dangling inside the server and in the data center rack.
- Improve airflow and reduce cooling costs.
Current Rating (UL, CSA / IEC)
14 AWG SJT / 1.5mm² H05VV-F
16A / 16A
12 AWG SJT / 2.5mm² H05VV-F
20A / 25A
Powerpole® Connector Series
This versatile connector series invented by Anderson Power Products (APP®) meets a wide range of power connection needs. The four housing sizes in the Powerpole® product family can carry a wide range of amperage and wire sizes in the most compact footprint. For currents up to 350A and from wire sizes of #20 AWG (0.75 mm²) to 3/0 (70 mm²). Powerpole® can handle them all! A wide range of colored housing options can be stacked together to create a proven reliable custom connector. These housings can be used with different contacts to create wire-to-wire, wire-to board, or wire-to-busbar connections. The Powerpole® connector combines high quality materials with a cost-effective and innovative design for powerful versatility.
- Flat wiping contact system - Allows for minimal contact resistance at high current, wiping action cleans contact surface during connection/disconnection.
- Interchangeable genderless design - Makes assembly quick and easy and reduces number of parts stocked.
- Silver plated contacts (also offer Tin on 15/45) - Offers greatest longevity when using high power, elevated temperature applications.
- Colored coded housings - Help to ensure that connectors are assembled and mated correctly.
- Molded-in dovetails - Secures individual connectors together.
- Powerpole® pin & socket series connector (PP10/30) - Green housing is a visual identification of ground terminal
- Chemical Resistant Housings available
- UL94 V-0 housing material - Provides security in knowledge that the connector chosen meets strict flammability ratings
Custom Soft Flex DC Zip Wires for Easy Routing.
Introducing the new P-W-1015-XX-KR-P80 Series – UL1015 6, 8, 10, 12, 14 AWG.
Pactech’s new product of red/black zip cord with extra softness enables easy to turn and flexible routing on all applications and work environments like data center, lab power, automobile harnesses, robot with motion arm, hospital application, and IT/server rooms with tight space concerns.
Specifications summary: Rated temperature 105°C, voltage 600V, UL CSA, Construction 189 / 0.003mm, bare annealed stranded copper. All parts and materials are conformed to RoHS.
These soft zip wires can be widely used for many electrical applications by replacing the traditional rigid wires, and they work well with APP’s Power Pole Connectors, SBE & SBO Series Connectors, F-Type Terminals, T- Connectors, DC power Plugs, Molex Power Housings, Solar Connectors, etc.
We also offer single-wire power harness assemblies. Customers can design their own-single wire power adapters, or grounding wires with rings, lugs, APP’s Power Pole connectors, DC plugs, Banana plugs, etc, with 8 different Color UL wires (Black, Green, Yellow, Red, White, Orange, Blue, Green/Yellow) in all 6, 8,10,12,14,16, or 18 AWG wires.
Through extensive collaboration with our mass production factories, we can fulfill any order with stable quality control and lead time.